Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy Birthday to me and to 'With Bite'!

It's unbelievable that I've been writing 'With Bite' for a full year - But today, we celebrated our birthday - #1 for my blog, and me, well, let's just say twenty something. It's hard to believe that a whole year has passed since I started 'With Bite', and the response has been overwhelming. I'd like to say a big thank you to all who share their food and beverage experiences with me, and in turn, letting me share mine. Looking forward to Bday #2 next year!

For my special night, I went to a favorite spot of mine, The Brooklyn Warehouse. I've been to Brooklyn several times and enjoyed incredible food in a great atmosphere. When it came to choosing where to celebrate my day, it was an easy decision.

As per usual, being January, I rung in my Bday on a freezing cold night. When I walked into the restaurant however, the warm atmosphere and intoxicating aromas from the kitchen quickly helped my friends and I defrost. Note: I'm still working on my photography skills!

I started out the evening with the Warm Mushroom Salad, an incredible pairing of thick, tender mushrooms, rich feta and crispy pancetta. These were served tossed with mixed greens.



For my main, I went with the Fulton St. "Chowder", an array of fresh, luscious seafood; hook and line caught haddock, tender scallops and jumbo shrimp in a light broth of cream, Viognier and sweet fennel. The seafood rested on a bed of tender red potatoes.


It was a great birthday; I celebrated with good food, good wine and great friends - three of my favorite things. I'd like to thank the crew at Brooklyn for living up to my greatest expectations, as they usually do. You don't often find a place that satisfies again and again. Fortunately, at Brooklyn, you can expect to leave happy and sated.

No comments: