Friday, September 18, 2009

Bacon+Chocolate= Euphoria

I've often found myself in the middle of the salty vs. sweet debate. Some people are all about salty chips, while others prefer creamy chocolate. My thoughts on the matter have been "why can't we all just get along??" Well, here is a product that exemplifies my equal-opportunity outlook: Vosges Haute Chocolat. Mo's Bacon Bar is a chocolate bar marrying the flavours of Applewood smoked bacon, Alder wood smoked salt and deep milk chocolate!


Founder and chocolatier Katrina Markoff writes about her love for chocolate and bacon together, summing it up succinctly when she states that, "Everything's better with bacon." I couldn't have said it better myself!



Check out the website above if you're looking to buy a treat for a serious chocoholic. With flavour combinations such as sweet Indian curry, coconut and milk chocolate or ginger, wasabi, black sesame seeds and dark chocolate, you're sure to find something for both the tame tenacious tastebuds!

FYI- For creative chocolate combos here in Halifax, check out Sugah! on the HFX waterfront. My favorite is dark chocolate w/ lemon zest and black peppercorns!

No comments: