Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Treehouse: Brunch in North Sydney

On the heels of the night at Golden Century, I met some 'new' friends at their place in North Sydney.  Once I arrived, we walked to one of their local favourites; The Treehouse.  I call them 'new' because I met them via intro from one of my lovely pals in Halifax - whom I miss dearly.

The Treehouse is definitely one of the nicest spots that I've been in Sydney and I'm happy to have a go-to spot on the other side of the bridge.  With such chic decor and a playful atmosphere, the F&B is almost a bonus.  They have  a great brunch menu (available on Saturday from 8am - 3pm);  a menu for the kiddies during the daytime; and a fantastic selection of both Aussie and import wines.

I was in the mood for a standard; the eggs Benedict with ham - which I have opted for lately (as in my post for Tigerbakers).  As per usual, I got the hollandaise on the side, but the sauce was really nice and the eggs were poached perfectly for me.

Eggs Benedict w/ Ham ($15.50)

My friend had this pile of envy; zucchini, pea and haloumi fritters.  The fritters themselves were so light and airy and the chilli relish on the side was delish. Always a fan of roasted tomatoes, they were the perfect side to this - already perfect - dish.

Zuchinni, Pea & Haloumi Fritters ($16)
w/ Roast Tomato & Chilli Relish

There were many other amazing-looking dishes on the menu for both brunch, lunch and dinner.   If I go out in NSYD again anytime soon, this spot will definite be on the tip of my tongue for dining options.

No comments: