Saturday, May 30, 2009

Late Night Feed at Hamachi Sushi

Last Wednesday, I went out for drinks with a friend at the Economy Shoe shop on Argyle. Between several pints of my favorite patio beer Stella Artois (well, favorite beer in general really), I informed him of the little known deal that occurs at Hamachi Sushi on Morris St. every night.

The secret, my fine friends, is this: after 10 pm, every single night, Hamachi Sushi has "Happy Maki" whereby a good portion of their appetizer and maki menu is cheap, cheap, cheap! The term maki describes the sushi rolled around or inside nori, aka, seaweed. I love late-night sushi, especially when the contents of my stomach consists solely of beer.

And so, we maneuvered ourselves down to Hamachi, at 11:30 on a school night, scored a comfy corner table and set to work making our choices. I chose a plate of the Tempura Vegetables; zucchini and sweet potato in tempura batter and deep fried. The veg selection did, admittedly leave something to be desired, but what can you expect at almost midnight?

Tempura Vegetables

We then moved on to the real good stuff; Spicy Salmon rolls flanking the Rainbow roll, a new one for me, but absolutely a favorite from now on. The Rainbow roll is a culmination of the popular California roll consisting of crab and avocado wrapped in MORE crab and avocado along with salmon and tuna. Yummers!

1 comment:

Sushi Tail said...

These are surely my kind of midnight snack.