Monday, October 12, 2009

A Thanksgiving Day Feast

This past Sunday, I went over to my aunt's house in Dartmouth to take over her kitchen. After much coaxing and cajoling, I had finally gotten my way with dates and times to have Thanksgiving dinner, and in return, I had to make it all myself. This being a welcomed challenge, I got to work last week sifting through dozens of Epicurious.com recipes for inspiration.

Thanksgiving dinner is always one of may favorites as there are so many elements to the meal, giving me tons of ways to experiment! Last year's dinner was pretty fantastic, but I brought my A game to the table this year. Here is the result. If you're reading this at the office, try to contain yourself. If you're at home, feel free to lick the screen....

Maple-glazed Turkey w/ Black Pepper Bacon


Baked Stuffing w/ Granny Smith Apple, Apricot, Cranberry & Sage


Cranberry Sauce w/ Pearl Onion & Golden Raisin


Cream Cheese-whipped Potato w/ Garlic & Chives


Balsamic-Butter Glazed Sweet Potato & Carrot


Broccoli & Cauliflower w/ Ginger & Lemon
forgot to take a photo of these....

Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake w/ Vanilla Cream


The meal itself was delicious, but better yet was the company. Although I get caught up in the culinary opportunities of such an occasion, I'm conscious still of the fact that I have wonderful family and friends to share it with. and for that, I'm thankful!

Happy Thanksgiving!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Mother use to put bacon slice on the turkey-long time ago

Anonymous said...

this food was amazing!! i told my mother is was better than hers.. she wasnt very happy
Laura