Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Big Day Downtown: The Series

Two summers ago, I was invited by the Downtown Halifax Business Commission to participate in their newest initiative, 'Big Day Downtown', which served to highlight business in Halifax's downtown core.  The premise of the campain was to give 30 bloggers in Halifax $100 to spend in downtown Halifax.  We filmed my BDDT and here is how I spent it:


Then, in the summer of 2011, I was asked again to participate - this time, the tag line of the BDDT campaign was 'Try Something New', and so I did.  You can check that experience out here.

Find out what's happening in Downtown Halifax. Discover hidden gems or rediscover old favourites. This series explores food, music, events, fashion, art, culture, entertainment, issues, good causes and cool products and services.

The inagural episode, of course, is all about food!   In  this episode, we travel to Morris St. to visit Morris East, a wood-fire grilled pizza place with tons of personality an great food!  I chat with owner Jenni Dobbs and Head Chef, Lauren Marshall, AND, I get to try one of their incredible pizzas!  Next, I travel to Bistro Le Coq, on Argyle St. so sample some french fare.  This is a lovely resto, full of charm, and cream...and butter!  I'll with Chef de Cuisine, Ashley Davis  and get to try Le Coq's incredible Poulet Roti.  Bon appetit!



Get your city fix with Big Day Downtown: The Series on EastLink TV. EastLink Magazipremieres on EastLink TV Sundays at 7:00 pm and is also available in HD on EastLink OnDemand.

Check the full schedule:

Also, check out Big Day Downtown: The Series on the Facebook page, LinkedIn and on Twitter!

We’ve also linked the episode to Facebook:

LinkedIn:

For Tweeting:

No comments: