Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Father's Day torture

I got my appendix out this week. It was a fairly traumatic affair that, quite frankly made me a much stronger individual.

I left work early this past Wednesday feeling like a wimp because I was going home due to a "stomach ace". Now, I'm pretty tough and proud of it, but on this day, something just wasn't quite right. Anyhow, long story even longer, by 6pm, I was admitted to the QEII and scheduled for emergency surgery.

What does this have to do with food you might ask? Well, Father's Day was right around the corner, and I was recovering at my aunt's house. My Appendix recovery sheet advised "Avoid all meat products", so this year on Father's day, I was a tortured soul. With my uncle being a BBQ King, it was quite difficult-especially as steak and pork chop were on the menu, while I was stuck with ice cream. Never underestimate the sinful temptation of a piece of rare beef.

No comments: