Monday, January 24, 2011

Tasty lunch at Trendz Cafe & Wine Bar

There is one saving grace in the food wasteland that is Burnside Industrial Park, and that's Trendz Cafe & Wine Bar in the Best Western Hotel.

I went to lunch at Trendz recently and was pleasantly surprised at the resto itself as well as the food. This cool little spot has great decor and ambiance, and is one of the few hotel restos that has character. I'll definitely check this place out again soon - and not just because of the limited lunch options around the office!

Though I ordered the soup of the day and a Warm Spinach salad, I ended up feeling pretty full after the soup. Thick, and luscious this soup was just the thing to warm up a crispy, windy winter's day in the park.

Butternut Squash Bisque

After a couple bites of the salad, I had it boxed to go, and devoured it later in the day. This was a nice alternative to the traditional green salad, and had interesting elements like Belgian endive and fresh blueberries. Not usually one to go for dressing, (a good salad doesn't need dressing if the ingredients are of good quality... but that's jsut my opinion) I couldn't pass up the offer of a warm, apple cider vinaigrette.

Warm Spinach Salad
Spinach, orange segments, blueberries, chicken w/ a warm apple cider vinaigrette

No comments: