Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Thanks!

I wanted to start off 2011 with my first post being my New Year's Eve dinner at Bish, on their last night of service. That was my original plan.

I believe that a blog is like an on-line journal - and this one - is generally used to showcase meals had in Halifax and beyond. I can't thank you, my readers, enough for checking in and following my opinionated ramblings about dining in this city. I also can't thank you enough for your patience when you checked in to see so few posts this fall.

This was a challenging couple of months; a roller coaster of amazing ups, but also some desperate downs. With two tragic losses of loved ones, my focus was pulled away from writing and put into comforting myself and my grieving family. The irony here is that I've always considered blogging to be therapeutic, yet during the time that I needed it most, I couldn't find the strength to sit in front of a computer.

But...time heals all wounds, and one should never underestimate the power of comfort food. ;) So here I am again, sitting in front of my computer, preparing shots of several great meals shared over the holidays.

Once again, thank you!
Best wishes for a
happy, healthy, food-filled 2011!

2 comments:

spurman@eastlink.ca said...

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I also lost a parent over Christmas. The bubbly went unopened on Christmas morning, I never did make that Turkish Delight or a trifle, and a bowl of sugar cookie dough is still in my fridge sadly gathering fridge odours. But I will make them all later in the month or for Valentine's Day.
Would like to hear more about Bish....

ElleBee said...

I'm sorry to hear that you were going through a rough time.

Wishing you a fabulous 2011! :)