Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010 Bites

As we started this new year, I got to thinking about which restos had piqued my curiosity during 2009, and which spots I loved enough to revisit during the first year of the aughties. Some are brand new restos or cafes, while others are well-known with a new seasonal menu. Either way, my palate is eager to be sated by the concepts and flavours of these cuisines, be it ethnic flair or gourmet comfort food.

1. The Five Fishermen Chef Renee Lavallee has re-vamped the menu on both the big and
2. Fid Chef Dennis Johnston has rehauled both the restaurant's aesthetic and menu.
3. Satisfaction Feast I'm a meatatarian at heart, but sometimes a little tofu goes a long way.
4. Saege Simply because there's a pizza with Pumpkin seed pesto, arugula, roast chicken and gouda.
5. Chez Tess Ummm, it's a restaurant based on sweet & savory crepes. 'Nuff said.
6. Cafe Aromo Latino All about Latin cuisine- turn up the heat!
7. Epicurious Morsels I love the fruits de mer, and they have tons of interesting seafood dishes.
8. Ciboulette Because any spot by Chef Craig Flinn should be amazing!
9. Nectar Social House I WILL venture to Dartmouth to spend an evening in a swank spot with
an equally swank menu.
10. Estia A fine dining resto in my hood is a 'must try'

No comments: