Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Mochachino Cupcakes

Last year, I celebrated one of my bestie's B-day with Cafe Latte Cupcakes. My friend Joanne is a coffee fiend and she loved the results. This year, there were several cupcake hints sent my way and I knew I had to step up to the plate. However, I wanted to up the ante with my offerings. Though last year's cupcakes included a generous amount of espresso, I brought even more to the table with some Mochachino cupcakes!


I have been criticised in the past by my use of cake mixes, but I really don't care: 1st, they make my life a whole lot easier, and 2nd- they're delicious!

Ingredients:

1 chocolate cake mix
1 can of vanilla frosting
2 shots of espresso
1 chocolate bar-chopped for garnish

Method:

Prepare chocolate cake mix as directed, replacing some of the water w/ 1 shot of prepared espresso. Mix remaining shot of espresso into the frosting. Ice cooled cupcakes w/ frosting and garnish with chopped chocolate bar. I used an Aero bar as the bubbles reminded me of the foamy top of a mochachino!

I stopped off at the Superstore Bakery to get a cake box to present my cupcakes- it even doubles as a card!


No comments: