Sunday, December 27, 2009

The best ever 'Nuts & Bolts' recipe

I moved to Halifax in the fall of 2005. Normally, it's pretty hard to move away from home, friends and family, but I was lucky enough to have a wealth of family here to take care of me! Thanksgiving and Easter dinners are always spent at my aunts house, we have a standing Christmas baking date every year, and it's also just fun to go over, drink wine, eat chips and hang out.

At Christmastime, however, the chips are replaced by MA's Nuts & Bolts- one of my absolute favorite snacks. If your palate is of the salty variety, these will be just the thing to sate it. It's also a big hit with company. Keep in mind that this recipe is not rocket science- it's more of an 'eyeball it' sort of deal!


Ingredients:

1 can cashews
1 bag salted peanuts
1 sm. box Crispex
1 sm. box Cherrios
3-4 c. pretzel sticks

2 c. butter or margarine
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 heaping tsp. onion powder
1 heaping tsp. garlic powder

Method:

Put all ingredients in a roaster. Combine melted butter, Worcestershire and seasonings and pour over mixture. Bake, uncovered at 250 degrees for 1 hour. Stir every 15 minutes.

1 comment:

The Coolest Cool said...

Yumm, this looks delicious! It doesn't sound mouth watering because it IS mouth watering.. I think I may have ruined my space bar with a bit of slobber...