Saturday, November 22, 2008

Marvelous Muffins

If there was only one thing that I could exist on for the rest of my life, it would be muffins. That might seem a little random as I have fairly gourmet taste buds, but these baked treats are just the thing to cease those growls emerging from my stomach.

Think about it. Muffins can be both savory and sweet, like biscuits or cake and contain fruits, vegetables, even meat! Sidebar- Ham, cheese and jalapeno corn muffin from Whole Foods in NYC....amazing!

This weekend, I tried an apple and bran muffin from Wired Monk. Normally, I'm not all about chain muffins, but here, I make an exception. Wired Monk's baked goods always deliver.

Also of note:
  • Cabin Coffee
  • The Daily Grind
  • Uncommon Grounds-Valid! It's a local chain
  • Just Us!-Also a local chain
  • Deli Green Bakery & Catering _ I get mine at Atlantic News on Morris St.
  • Also looking forward to trying mmmmuffins from Ciboulette and Certainly Cinnamon
Ah-What a beautiful sight!



Followed by one of the saddest sights in the world...

No comments: