Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Brunch at Brooklyn

This Saturday, I went out for some good food and conversation. I met my friend Joanne at the Brooklyn Warehouse for brunch. I know, again with the Brooklyn. This should be a testament my friends, to this resto's great food, prices, atmosphere, service, and...I'm gushing-Moving on.

I was mulling over something new and different on this brunch outing, but Joanne quickly nipped that idea in the bud. She was going with the Benny eggs & hot smoked salmon and assured me that if I ordered anything different, I was bound to have a serious case of food envy. So, I went for the Benny, and was happy I did.



The smoked salmon was rich and meaty. I love the combo of egg yoke and salmon; it's like a million dollar bite. This was served atop a huge English muffin, toasted just slightly to still be a little soft. We both ordered a different side and split them; crispy roasted potatoes, and Brooklyn's house salad. The salad consisted of mixed greens with jicama and carrots, tossed in a sweet and tangy maple-Dijon dressing.

I'm excited all over again because rumor has it, that Brooklyn has changed their menu. Looks like another visit is in order!

P.S: Brooklyn just might have THE best coffee in the city.

No comments: