Friday, October 10, 2008

'Tis the season for Pumpkin Cookies!

My good friend and co-blogger Maria made THE most delicious cookies the other day. She's a sneaky lady that Maria - She made pumpkin cookies, and then threw in some chocolate chips to entice her kiddies to eat them! I, on the other hand, needed no such urging...

Here's Maria's post from her blog "The Right Coast":
Pumpkin Cookies
I received these cookies in a basket a few years ago. These beauties are soft and chewy. I add chocolate chips and sometimes walnuts.

Pumpkin Cookies:

1/2 cup margarine (or softened butter)
1 1/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup canned pumpkin
2 cups flour
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp ginger
1 cup chocolate chips (or raisins)
1 cup chopped nuts

Cream butter and sugar together, mix well. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add vanilla and pumpkin. Stir in remaining ingredients. Mix well. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet.

Bake in 375 oven for about 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.

Then invite me over for tea :)

http://www.therightcoast.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Christine said...

I made these cookies last night and they are delicious! Or should I say, were delicious... they're almost all gone! Thanks for the recipe. Looks like you had lots of fun baking last night too. :)