Sunday, August 24, 2008

Lesson learned

So...I slept in this morning. I'm going to attribute my tardiness to a night of mayhem, but I digress...I went to the Farmer's Market at 10:30, a couple hours later than my usual 8:30 visit, and quickly realized that, apparently, all of Halifax was of the same mind.

I'm not a big fan of the market after 9:30. That's when the crowds come, and quite frankly, people step on me! Coming in at 5" even, I'll admit that I'm a little person, but come on people, I'm not invisible! I wonder how all the little kiddies manage? I'll have to see if they have some tips for me on how not to get trampled.

Anyhow, I had my heart set on an Apple Feuillette; meaning leaves of apples, a circular-shaped pastry, topped with almond custard, thinly sliced apples and an apricot glaze. Sadly, When I got to Julien's Bakery, they were all out of my much-anticipated breakfast. I guess it's true what they say about the early bird.

I went for another alternative; a sugared croissant with strawberry cream cheese filling which hit the spot quite nicely, but it just wasn't the same. I'll have to be more on the ball next week. Heaven help whoever gets between me, and my Saturday morning baked good!

FYI: www.juliens.ca

No comments: