Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Shanghi Bok Choi

I always try to buy one new thing a week at the Farmer's market- it can be something I'd read about, someone else raves about, or something that looks just plain yummy.

Last week, I bought Shanghi Bok Choi. Sauteed with grape tomatoes and soy, I topped it with Mike's Fish Shop's pepper flavored hot smoked salmon. This made for a delicious din din. Shanghi Bok Choi is a delightful veg-this dish will certainly be added to my list of faves.

Sauteed Shanghi Bok Choi w/ tomatoes and soy

1/2 small white onion, thinly sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 heads bok choi
10 grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
1 tsp. soy sauce
1 tsp fresh thyme

Method:


Sautee the onions in olive oil over medium heat until translucent. Add garlic and tomatoes-cook until tomatoes are soft. Add bok choi, thyme and soy with a dash of pepper. Cook until desired consistency.

No comments: