Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Trail Mix Muffins for the Cabot Trail


My friend and I decided to take off last weekend and drive to Cape Breton. My mother is from there, and I hadn't been since I was 12. On Saturday morning after a somewhat adventurous night, we decided to stop for breakfast at the Canada Cultural Center.

This was a lovely cafe featuring homemade baked goods, soups and sandwiches, furnished with blond oak tables and carved totem poles. Though there was quite the selection of tantalizing cheesecakes, imaginative cookies and creative pasties, we went for the substantial trail mix muffin. We thought this was an appropriate decison seeing as our destination was The Cabot Trail.

And so, coffee and muffins in hand, we embarked on a significant journey of adventure, spectacular scenery, and delicious food.

No comments: